Kiptronic is a venture-backed technology start-up that provides dynamic, targeted ad insertion software for major media publishers delivering video and audio to connected and disconnected devices. Based in San Francisco, Kiptronic offers an amazing ground floor opportunity to join an exciting start-up in the rich media advertising space.
We provide a 24/7 software service used by some of the largest media publishers in the world. Maintaining high availability and best of breed professional services is critical to our success and core to the charter of our Technical Operations organization. We favor the prudent use of open source infrastructure and commodity computing resources over proprietary or single source solutions. At the end of the day, however, it’s the quality of our service that matters to our customers.
This position is responsible for operating our platform and managing the resources used to run it. You will provide technical oversight for the assets in the datacenters we use, as well as our internal computing systems. You will own vendor relationships for the IT services on which we rely to run our business. Additionally, you will manage the people who provide technical integration services to our customers and partners. To be successful, you will have a strong system administration aptitude along with professional customer-facing skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate our hosted ad serving platform running in external datacenters to meet availability requirements stated in our published SLAs
- Maintain the hardware and software systems used by engineering for product development
- Maintain the IT systems (email, internet services, phone system) used by all members of the company
- Manage a professional services function that provides technical support for customer and partner integrations
What You Know:
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, electrical engineering, business or information technologies, or equivalent related degree
- 10+ years experience in information technology, system administration, and/or network operations
- 3+ years experience performing and/or managing a technical professional services function
- Experience running a high availability commercial software service
- Experience running a distributed Java-based web application using open source infrastructure like JBoss, Tomcat and Apache
- Deep understanding of virtualization technology, clustering and security
- Expert system-level troubleshooting skills
- Expert Linux/Unix system administration skills, with an emphasis on daemons, networking, monitoring, shell scripting, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with the role and function of content delivery networks in media-serving environments
- Expert Apache configuration experience. Familiarity with common Apache modules.
- Experience managing large relational database deployments, PostgreSQL preferred
- Experience deploying and running distributed system monitoring software like Nagios or Hyperic
- Experience providing desktop support for Windows and Mac systems
- Experience managing outsourced email services or administering a Microsoft Exchange server
- Experience debugging network issues at all layers from physical to application
How You Think:
- Five nines is achievable
- You build Linux kernels in your sleep
- You thrive on solving challenging problems.
- You want to be part of a growing and enthusiastic startup team.